Wuhan University extends a warm welcome to foreign students from all over the world to study here. The scholarship provided by Confucius Institutes of 2016 is divided into 3 categories: The Scholarship for Students of Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL), Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students, and Scholarship for One-Semester Students.
Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 20).
Ⅱ.Category of Scholarship&Eligibility Criteria
1. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years. Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 50 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Applicant who is able to provide the employment agreement or certification upon finishing the study from designated working institutions is preferred.
2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A) , and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
3. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should have a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
Ⅲ.Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Scholarship Coverage
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
2. Scholarship Criteria
CNY 2,500 per person on monthly basis for One-Academic-Year Students and One-Semester Students;
CNY 3,000 per person on monthly basis for Master’s Degree Students.
Living allowance: CNY 700 per person on monthly basis.
Comprehensive medical insurance：CNY 700 per person on monthly basis.
Accommodation fee: RMB800 per person on yearly basis.
Ⅳ.Application Process&Application Documents
Scholarship recruitment is open all year round on a trial basis.
1.For application, please log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.(You can check“The List ofApplication Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarships”onhttp://cis.chinese.cn)
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes (independent Confucius Classrooms) in different countries, overseas Chinese language testing centers, educational and cultural sections of Chinese embassy and consulate, and host institutions in China are working as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection, materials review , and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to Wuhan University.
3. Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, Wuhan University will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the admission list to Hanban.
4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.
5. After confirming with the successful applicants, Wuhan University will post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China” (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to the recommending institutions within 15 working days.
1. Admission Office101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, P.R.China
Post code: 430072
Contact Person: Ms.CHEN
2.Division of Scholarships, Confucius Institute Headquarters / Hanban
Address: 129, Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088.
Confucius Institute Scholarship Website：http://cis.chinese.cn
HSK and HSKK Website：http://www.chinesetest.cn